Construction Surveillance Technician
- Basic physical security in accordance with Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities (SCIF) policies and Intelligence Community Standard (ICS) 705-1, “Physical and Technical Standards for Sensitive Compartmented Information Facilities).”
- Conduct surveillance and understand the construction trades to closely monitor all construction activities and materials to ensure the security integrity of the building
- Inspect, detect and report any unauthorized technical penetrations and thwart implanted clandestine technical collection devices.
- Work closely with the assigned Government Site Security Manager (SSM) to ensure all established security policies and procedures are followed.
- Supplement site security access controls, implement screening and inspection procedures and monitor uncleared construction personnel in accordance with the Construction Security Plan (CSP).
- Conduct inspections and report any anomalies to the SSM.
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Be 18 years of age or older
Physical Fitness Requirements:
- Be physically able to perform all duties and functions as specified for the post they are filling;
- Possess binocular vision correctable to 20/20 and close vision correctable to Jaeger No. 4 type test for both eyes;
- Be free of color blindness;
- Have normal fields of vision and good depth perception, as defined by the Snellen chart;
- Have hearing which is correctable to normal level hearing with hearing aids. Normal hearing levels are demonstrated by a pure tone audiometry hearing level (HL) of 0 decibels (dB) or lower; and
- Be able to stand continuously for 4 hours at a time.
Minimum Experience Required:
- Shall have a minimum of three years’ experience in the construction industry with knowledge of two or more of the following disciplines:
- Carpentry (rough-in, finish)
- Sheet Metal
- Dry Wall
*TS/SCI w Polygraph Required*